With both potential customers and competitors constantly online, digital marketing remains the paramount means of having an upper hand in the market. For small business owners, digital marketing investment remains a dream to them. However, it was never meant to be like that. Here are top five digital marketing strategies that you can adopt to assist your business realize its full potential.
- Setting a goal
You are searching for means to assist your enterprise grow. Whether you want more recognition, more customers or you are looking to get an upper hand over your competitors. Whatever the mission, having a solid goal in mind greatly increase your probability of succeeding. Digital marketing is a great way to make your business prosper, but getting into it blindly can crash your business to the ground. Digital marketing require a lot of precision and strategy thus having a goal keeps you on track and to remain focused.
- Creating a marketing funnel
All successful businesses have one thing in common; an effective marketing funnel. A marketing funnel involves mapping out a customer’s journey from the time the customer is a stranger to when they become a lead, and then putting in place certain strategies in place that will encourage them to move through this funnel. You can view a marketing funnel in four phases:
- Awareness: The potential client is aware of your service or product. They are still a stranger, but they have come to your website for a purpose; they are searching for something they are in need of. At this stage, you require to attract the client by demonstrating to them that what they are searching for is at your disposal. Use a call-to-action or a lead magnet to provide to the client a valuable resource related to what they need. In exchange, gather details about them such as phone number, email address, current needs and profession. Figure out why they came to your site and who they are.
- Interest: The clients are actively expressing interest in a particular type of your service or product. At this stage, they have been moved by the information you gave them or they are interested by the products or services you offer. You should have used your call-to-action or lead magnet in the initial stage to gather enough details about them. Therefore, at this stage, supply them with more information that has been narrowed to their specific needs. Ensure that you prove to them that you was not only interested to know them, but to offer to them specific service or product to suite their need. This portray you as a person who cares and is attentive to customers’ needs and wants.
- Desire: They have taken interest in a specific service or product. Having supplied them will relevant information pertaining what they are looking for, they have found a service or a product you offer that might be a good fit for them. Now invite them to schedule a consultation using a call-to-action or an email. At this stage, intend to inform them about service or product they are interested in. Convince them why they require it and exactly how it will benefit them.
- Action: This is the last stage toward purchasing. At this stage, you turn your potential customer into a lead. You should have given them valuable information, portrayed to them that you pay attention to your customers’ wants and needs, and shown them that you have something they require that will fulfil their needs. Now what is left is to discuss issues such as price, mode of payment and other aspects of your service or product that are relevant to a customer.
Besides an effective marketing funnel giving you more leads, it also assist you turn leads into repeat customers. When a customers has a good experience, they inform others and also come back to purchase from you. The elements of a marketing funnel seems to be a lot to put in place, but they are very simple concepts when broken down.
- Developing a call-to-action
A call-to-action is a text or image that prompts visitors to take action, such as view a webinar, subscribe to a newsletter or request a service or product demo. Call-to-action should lead visitors to landing pages, where you can collect visitors’ information in exchange for a substantial marketing offer. Therefore, an effective call-to-action results to more conversions and leads for your site. The path between call-to-action and a landing page, portrays the much desired process of lead generation. For you to increase visitor-to-lead conversion opportunities, you require to create many call-to-action, optimize them and distribute them across your website. A good call-to-action should be eye-catching and assist to lead a potential customer into your marketing funnel.
- Creating an effective lead magnet
A lead magnet can be used alone or along with a call-to-action. It can also be used within your marketing funnel or as a means of driving potential clients into your funnel. Supply your potential clients with relevant information of your service of product that they require. Use your offer as a means of gathering more information about potential customer while directing them into your funnel at the same time. This move them closer to becoming an actual lead who will purchase your service or product. The aim of a lead magnet is to trade information. You use the gathered information to interact with them as they move through your funnel.
- Driving traffic
For there to be potential clients to drive into your marketing funnel, you have to create traffic to your website. Some of the ways of driving traffic to your website include:
- Quality Content: make use of content such as press releases, blog posts and articles on your websites. Insert links to different sites on your website within this content. This will build your brand name through exposure and drive traffic to your website.
- Keyword Strategy: inserting relevant keywords into content will assist your content and website show up in more search results, this leads to higher volumes of web traffic. However, you should avoid keyword stuffing.
- Website Optimization: ensuring that your website is optimized and functioning at its best is important. People avoid visiting websites that do not work properly.
- Social Media: engaging social media posts attract more traffic to your site. Using video, pictures and other media make your posts to have more engagement.
- Embracing these simple digital marketing strategies on your website will blow your business into success. To achieve business growth, digital marketing is the path to follow.